Thursday 10 January 2008

i cut it short

Got up this morning and cut hair short in readiness for Iain coming round to shave head!
It's a bit hacked so I'll wear a hat - going out after lunch to hospital - to see the doctor who first told me I had cancer.
My friend Sue is driving my car - partly cos I'm feeling wobbly - day after chemo and so she can get used to it - we're sharing driving to Exeter next week and she wants to get used to my car.
When I first was told I had cancer of the oesophagus, I didn't think the worst. When I was told it had spread to lungs and lymph glands it began to dawn on me it might be serious. The doc gave me the news when I asked for it and it didn't sound too good. However, I decided to try chemo and the first burst of it, 17 December, made me feel better after the initial exhaustion. In fact I woke up one New Years Eve feeling human, lively and relieved. That was before I saw creepy crawly insects on the pure white towels in the hotel I was staying at, in Exeter. But I felt so good that I found it hard to believe I had terminal cancer.

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Love you Jan, you rock! xxx